Here at Quality Home Exteriors, we believe in taking care of our customers and our community. We all grew up in the metro area and love Nebraska. Giving back is a way for us to say thanks. We also hope that through our efforts, it will inspire others to make an impact in our community as well.
Open Door Mission
- Approximately 20,000 people are homeless in Nebraska every night.
- Approximately 2,000 people are homeless in Omaha every night.
- The average age of a homeless person is 9 years old.
- More than 3.5 million people are homeless every night, and 1.35 million are children.
- More than 30 percent of homeless families have an open case for child abuse or neglect.
- Of the 31.1 million people living in poverty, more than 12 million are children.
- Families with children represent 23 percent of the homeless.
- Nationally, about 50 percent of all homeless women and children are fleeing domestic violence.
- Studies indicate that 40 percent of homeless men have served in the armed forces, compared to 34 percent in the general population.
- The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans estimates that on any given night 271,000 veterans are homeless in the United States.
- About 16 percent of adult homeless people suffer from severe and persistent mental illness.
- It is estimated that 30 percent of homeless single adults suffer from substance abuse and addiction.
- Up to 25 percent of the urban homeless population is employed.
“Today’s homeless population includes men, women, children and families. With your help, homeless men, women and children can find hope at Open Door Mission — hope that can break the cycle of homelessness and poverty.”
-Open Door Mission
Open Door Mission Gallery
Keep Omaha Beautiful
“As part of our Helping Hands program, we identify elderly citizens and people with disabilities who need assistance with yard maintenance, but cannot afford to pay for the service. We then match the resident with a volunteer group that completes a one-time, basic (yet thorough) yard cleanup. Services usually entail raking, picking up litter, collecting limbs/twigs, trimming bushes, and removing weeds.”
“Volunteers are our lifeblood. Your support is what allows us to effectively promote environmental stewardship and have a positive impact on our Omaha community. “
-Keep Omaha Beautiful”